Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Double edged sword

It is a double edged sword. I was lucky enough to be in a relationship with someone who was also my best friend. It is a special thing to have someone who you know loves you, likes being with you, knows you, gets you, encourages you, respects you, accepts you, takes care of you, makes you laugh, comforts you and so much more that words can't describe AND that he knows you feel the same way about him. We were partners in crime, had adventures together, attracted to each other and liked just being together. It was a wonderful thing. That is a HUGE thing to lose. My life feels empty now, incomplete and I feel lost. I would've rather lost and arm or a leg than to lose him and the pain is more than I can bear. I am trying so hard to keep from drowning, but there are times I don't know if I'll make it.

No comments: