Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Giving Thanks?

Now that is November I see people on FB starting thankfulness post & it's hard for me to be thankful while I'm sitting here watching my husband dying before my eyes. But I'm thankful for the 25 years we've been together and the love and laughter and tears and the warm company of friends and days of togetherness and missing each other when we are apart and and the adventures we would go on and the feeling of partnership and knowing what each other was thinking. I'm grateful for the love we shared. And now I'm even more grateful for family and friends that are helping me through this. Thank you.

No comments: