Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Monday, November 19, 2012

I took a trip to spend the weekend with my sister and her family. It was hard to make the 5 hour drive all by myself, and I didn't even have my love to call on rest stops to make me feel better. It was good seeing my sister and her family, and to spend time with her, but not as much fun as a trip would usually be. We went to see our Dad, who is sick with lymphoma. We've been kinda estranged for several years, but I thought it was better to go see him, so I would have no regrets when he was gone, which looks like it could be soon. He seems to be starting to eat again, which is a good sign, maybe he'll hang around for a while longer. I feel guilty leaving his care up to my sister, but I know she can handle him better than I could. And I'm taking care of Mom. It was really hard coming back home, without him here to greet me, without him here to miss me. I miss having someone who is so close to me that can miss me and be happy to see me again. I really miss having that feeling of love. I don't know if I'm strong enough keep going, but I'm trying.

No comments: