Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Don't let there be regrets

I know people say this all the time, but you need to try to live your life with no regrets - don't let things go unsaid - that way when your loved ones are taken away from you, you know they know how you feel. A lot of times when someone dies suddenly we feel regret for not saying the things we wished we'd said and thought we had time to say. When someone dies slowly, some people feel at least they got to say what they should've said all along and got to say goodbye - but meanwhile there is suffering, so much suffering & pain that we all shouldn't have to go through.
Just say what you need to say "I love you" "I'm thankful" "I'm proud of you" "I'm sorry" and hope when you or a loved one leaves this earth it's quick and with as little pain as possible and without regret.

No comments: