Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Less Responsive

Paul has been less responsive and we've had to give him medicine more often because of pain and agitation. This morning when he was crying and said he didn't want to die and I wondered if I'm doing everything I can and am I making the right decisions for him. The guilt is overwhelming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so hard to see someone you love in pain and not be able help them or fix it. Both of my parents lost their battles with cancer 20 years apart. I was with both of them near the end and felt so helpless and powerless. They both told me how much it meant to them to have their family near. I wanted then to live and get well but I also wanted their suffering to end. I was so torn and confused by my feelings. Those days were terrible and painful. With healing, that only comes with time, I look back on those days and count them as great gifts. It was a gift to have that time to be close to my parents when they needed me most.

Stay strong Justine, keep faith in yourself and remember your not alone.

Yvonne

Justine said...

Thank you Yvonne. I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier - I appreciate your friendship.