Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sun 10/28

Paul continues to get weaker, he is still able to recognize everyone. He talks so softly it's do hard to hear him and he gets frustrated. I'm very tired and have lived at this hospital for 10 days with him. The nurses, doctors & hospital staff have been extremely nice & helpful. Lauren has been a godsend staying overnight with me each night - I'd go crazy by myself. Having Carol here is such a comfort. Anna has been a true friend supporting me. Thank you to everyone who has come to see him and sit with him, I know it's a great comfort to him.

No comments: