Why the hell would I write this blog?

Why did I create this blog?

In the middle of August 2012, my husband and I found out that he has cancer... incurable, inoperable pancreatic cancer & my life has been a sad fog of hospital stays, doctor appointments and fear of what will I do without my best friend. I've decided to create a blog about my experience with the sadness I feel, to have a place to put my feelings, since I cannot afford a shrink and keeping it stuffed inside seems to be making me feel like I'm going to explode.

This is a blog devoted to trying to survive the loss of my husband, and best friend

I don't know why I'm doing it, I'm such a private person - and a big believer in being careful of the TMI, but perhaps I need an overflow valve. So there you have it.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tue Oct 23 no more chemo - ready for hospice

On Sunday Paul seemed like he'd be ready to go home after dialysis on Monday but then he was very weak & his heart rate was very high, they had started him on marinol for nausea pain & appetite but it just made him sleep I think. Then during dialysis his heart rate kept going up so they gave him some digitalis to bring his heart rate down, which it did. Both of these medicines have side effects of severe sleepiness, confusion, and hallucinations. Over night he was unresponsive sometimes, then agitated about things that aren't there & confused about where he was. He hasn't had the digitalis or marinol since yesterday & he seems a little more understanding of his situation but he is still very weak and sleepy. I cannot get him to eat at all and he's having trouble taking his pills. I stayed with him over night at the hospital because of his confused state & I didn't want him to be frightened. The oncologist has said we should stop chemo because it doesn't seem to be working to help his symptoms. We talked to hospice today and he'll have dialysis tomorrow and then come home.

No comments: